Jul 18, 2016
r-type pellet mill
R-type pellet mill is actually a wood pellet machine, since it is specially designed for hardwood as elm tree, oak, birch, cypress, hickory, basswood, cherry, larch, maple, poplar, etc.
Its capacity ranges from 80-800kg/h, which makes it suitable for commercial and industrial use. It is also the main part in mobile pellet plant.
Wood pellet machine specifications
Below is a operation video of 400B R-type pellet machine
Features of R-type wood pellet machine
- Good pellets forming result: This R-type (roller-rotating type) wood pellet making machine can produce wood pellets with high density, high hardness, good burning durability and shiny surface, can meet storage, transportation and sales requirements.
- Structural advantage: The frame of the wood pellet machines adopts welding structure, which has good strength and working stability.
- Wide applied range: this wood pellet making machine has high intensity and reasonable structure; its reduction gearbox has high load capacity and reliability. Therefore, it can adapt to continuous production and industrial production.
- Drive characteristic: the reduction gearbox is made by professional manufacturer with premium quality; the accuracy of gear can reach level 7 or higher. The excellent assembly guarantees the good comprehensive performance of the wood pellet machine, so that the machine can adapt to all kinds of working conditions.
- Low energy consumption, durable spare parts: the service life of flat die is 600h, while roller is 800h. (Note: it is advised to replace both of the roller and die if only one of them wear out. This is the best way to use the machine properly.)
How to make wood pellets
- Make sure the wood raw material is in proper size: 2-5mm in diameter. If raw material is sawdust, it does not need to be pulverized. If raw material is wood chip, wood shaving or larger size, it shall be pulverized by crusher/hammer mill into 2-5mm diameter.
- Dry the wood powder/sawdust: wood raw material or sawdust usually contains too much moisture, which is much higher than the required pelletizing moisture content: 8-12%. As a result, they need to be dried by the dryer before pelletizing.
- Feed the wood sawdust into wood pellet machine: the dried sawdust will be fed by the screw feeder into the pellet making machine hopper. Then sawdust enters the pelletizing chamber. Under the pressure of rotating roller, sawdust is extruded through the stationary die holes, and pellets are formed and cut by pellet cutter at the outlet.
- Cool the pellets: after pelletizing, wood pellets are very hot. Under such circumstance, they can be cooled by air, or a pellet cooler. After cooling, the wood pellets can be put into use or packed for sale and storage.
For any more questions about wood pellet machine or wood pellets making, please don’t hesitate to contact us now!
Jul 18, 2016
Jun 17, 2016